Hello and welcome to "A Fresh Start," and ode to my city, my mountains, my Colorado, my friends, my family, and above everything else, my fabulous life and all the ways I make magic happen in it.
After an initially hurtful and ridiculous text message, I realized that something needed to be done. As much as I've tried to cut out toxic substances in my life, I was still letting in a very big one. As much as I can't stop Mr. G from sending me random text messages (really, you're telling your friends about your engagement in a mass text message?), I can stop him from writing on my blog. I can't tell you how nice it has been to take control and cut him completely out of my life. I deleted his emails. I stopped reading his blog. Its been so long since I fell out of love with him, and yet he still managed to pop in to my conversations more often than I would like. Mr. G., I am officially letting go of you and whatever bizarre hold you have on my life. I wish you well with your impending marriage and that's about all the thoughts left I have for you.
So, this is me, (slightly) uncensored. I've finally let myself cut that negative influence from my life. I'm finally happy. I'm finally thinking about what I want and how I can make life happen. No more waiting for magic.

7 comments:
This is unbelievably awesome, Dana-love. I'm so happy for you right now!
This was a long time coming! I really like the new place, and I'm glad I was invited to share in the magic. Admittedly, I do miss the lack of Ace of Base references on the new blog, but I'm sure I'll get over it :D I try to use the word "Yay!" sparingly, but this new step deserves it. Yay!
Thanks for the support, guys :)
Can I be your groupie?
You are so my hero! I would like to hug you and kidney punch a certain someone else... GRR! :) Miss you darling, and see you in May!
You guys are all so awesome...how lucky am I to have such great friends :)
The mental image of Kate walking around kidney punching people... wow... too great for words! But yeah Dana you are right - looking at everyone who has commented, it is clear that your new blog brought the awesome people out in full force!
Post a Comment