Saturday, January 17, 2009

When it comes to Extraversion you are: Sometimes Outgoing, Sometimes Reserved

Smile. It's a beautiful day. The sun is shining. I spent the morning doing my thank you cards for christmas presents (which was a fun creative project). Had some delicious Q'doba for lunch. I'm leaving in about thirty minutes to take a class called Basics of Cooking. I...oh...oh I see. You want to know how my date went last night? You don't care about the fun mundane details of my morning? Okay, okay!

My thoughts on the date. Overall, we had a lot of fun. I think it went a little long (I felt like we lost some of our momentum or something). However, still a good second date.

We met at his place in Boulder and after a brief view of the living room and meeting his roommate, we went out to his car. At first he walked to the passenger side and I thought maybe he was going to open the door for me, which I'll admit the first thing I thought was "Oh, that's very nice, but could get old fast." I'm fairly independent and having a guy open doors for me makes me feel awkward. But he just chucked before he even go to the door, and said "Er, I guess I'm expecting you to drive me!" and quickly went over to his side of the car.

We went down to Pearl street to a winery there where you can sample wines. The conversation of the night was probably best here, especially when I made a Star Trek reference, which prompted him to bring up other SciFi topics, including two of my favorites: Firefly and Battlestar Galactica.

After we left the winery, we ended up at another bar good for drinking wine. I also order caprese skewers (skewers with tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil) since I hadn't really had a chance to eat much. He admitted he was impressed...someone who liked Firefly and had good taste in food.

After a couple glasses of wine at the bar (and meeting his friendly female band-mate), we went to the St. Julien (a hotel) to have a little more water and chat a little more. We ended up leaving Pearl street a little after 1:00 (another 5+ hour date).

I feel a little...er...I don't know how to explain this. The date went well, and there was a lot of good conversation, especially at the beginning. I just felt like as the evening went on we both were fairly tired. I didn't have the same "clicking" feeling as I had early on in the evening...it's so hard to read a situation like that when you're both tired.

So. Hmmm. What do I know. Good conversation. He seemed emphatic that he would call me again. We seem to get along pretty well. The few times he touched my arm to emphasize a point I felt a thrill in my stomach. He doesn't seem to want to take things too fast, which I really like. I really want to get to know him before I dive too far into anything. Or else he's not interested...I'm hoping for the former. Because I'm interested. I just finally really like where my life is going and plan on being very selective about who I romantically let into my life.

2 comments:

~Wamp said...

The blog posts are good... BUT hearing you give me the details on the phone would be even better :) Can't wait till we talk again! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

How is it not going out on a date with me because going out on a date with me is AWESOME! Okay - I just always look for an excuse. You should go on a girl date with me. I think the guy sounds awesome by the way - I hope you decide so too. And then I can meet him and approve. :) I still think we should do a girl hang out night with Alana (and any other girls) sometime soon.